Thanks for Visiting
There is quite a bit of information here, some complete and some work in progress hopefully you will find something of interest here. Below are some links to some of the more popular pages here.
- 80Legs - The Most Annoying Web Crawler in the world
- PXE/Kickstart Rough Howto
- Using Netcat for Backup
- Blocking Bots with Squid
- Reverse Proxy with Squid - How to configure multiple webservers using one IP address.
- Postfix Header Checks - Block mail based on character encoding with Postfix
- Convert a Virtual Machine to Physical - How to convert a Linux Virtual Machine to a Physical one.
- Install Solaris 10 over a Network - Install Solaris 10 over a network.
- BSD Packet filtering Basics - BSD packet filter basics.
- Cisco DSL Eircom Config - Setting up a Cisco DSL router for eircom broadband.
- My Bookmarks - Links to various pages that I found interesting/helpful.
- Ferrari 248 F1 - Gallery of photos of Michael Schumachers 2006 F1 car taken on October 17th 2007
- Cork Harbour Fortifications - Information about Cork's Harbour Defences
- Lismore October 2007 - A small gallery of pictures taken in Lismore, Co. Waterford. October 10th 2007
- 1962 Storm - Small gallery of three pictures of the 1962 storm to hit Youghal.
- Old Mail Setup - Details of my old complicated mail setup.
- Reserve Defence Force - History of my service in the Irish Army Reserve Defence Force.
- Anatomy of an iMac - My poor little iMac. Gutted and then disposed of.
- Youghal Panoramic Photos - Panoramic photos of Youghal New
- April 4th 2007 - Another Gallery - This time taken with my new Nokia N73.
- The Dogs - Added a small gallery with pictures of the dogs.
- Quick and dirty Gentoo install - Quick and dirty Gentoo install guide.
- Custom Apache and PHP - Quick HowTo on compiling your own Apache and PHP setup.
- Youghal - Shamelessly plagerised the Youghal page from Wikipedia.
- Poor mans PDF - Created a new tutorial on creating PDF documents for free on Windows.
I've been working in I.T. since 1997. During that time I have amassed a rather large collection of computers and paraphenalia and now have the equivalent of a small data centre here at home. If you are interested in what I'm running, take a look at my equipment list. I'm also a former member of the Irish Army Reserve Defence Force.